Happy New Year everyone!
I know I’m terribly late but I’ve been having some troubles with my site but it seems to be working now. Fingers crossed… I hope everyone had great holidays and got lots of books :) I’ve missed few mailbox mondays so I have few books to show…
I read 62 books in 2012 including all novellas and such. I hope I manage to read more next (rem this) year.
1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
Okay I can’t pick just one so I’ll say Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews and Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness. I’ve become quite obsessed with Andrews’ books :D
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning. I had high expectations and sadly it let me down.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman. I feared it would be lot more religious but I really liked it.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Haha I have no idea!
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
Definitely Kate Daniels! Just love that series :)
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Hmm, The Dovekeepers? With all the religious stuff.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
The Falcons of Montabard by Elizabeth Chadwick.
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Not likely to re-read anything. Sadly…
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Curran (Kate Daniels) and Sabin (Falcons of Montabard).
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Oh I don’t know!
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
Probably Magic Bites because it introduced me to this awesome series.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
The Falcons of Montabard. I’m slowly reading through Chadwick books.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
I don’t mark down those.
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Shortest: Not sure but probably The Private Lives of the Pharaohs by Hoyce Tyldesley
Longest: Probably The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Not really anything.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Kate & Curran (Kate Daniels), Jamie & Clare (Outlander)
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
The Falcons of Montabard and Shadow of Night.
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else: